Successful since 2014, WCEC’s Rebate Program is an incentive program for WCEC members that enact specific qualifying energy efficiency measures. Since inception, almost 1,000 rebates have been given to members. It was funded with money that came from the state in the form of unclaimed capital credit payments.
It was promoted as a 1-time program to run until the money in the fund was depleted. That time is nearing. Funds are expected to run out near year end. All rebates will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until the budget is gone. Once funds are depleted, any pending rebates will not qualify or be processed. To make a claim, a member must submit an official WCEC form before November 30th, 2017 along with all required documentation. No claims submitted after that date will be processed.
To participate before the program ends, download the claim form(s) below and follow the simple submission instructions on the form.
The items and actions that qualify run the gamut from simply having an HVAC tune-up, purchasing Energy Star compliant appliances, to adding insulation. Full details for each rebate can be found on each individual claim form.
It’s important to note that each form is unique to the rebate claim, and all criteria must be met to claim the rebate. So prior to making a purchase, if you are planning on claiming a rebate, it is critical to note and follow the qualifying criteria. If you have any questions prior to making a purchase, call us and ask for the Rebate Administrator at (903) 763-2203 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Administrator can guide you to help you best maximize this opportunity.
Once a rebate claim is submitted, it will be validated internally by the Rebate Administrator, with possible follow-up inspection. If all requirements are met fully, members will be notified via postcard or email of the amount of their rebate and the date it will be posted to their account. Of note, there will be no cash rebates. All rebates will be returned to members in the form of a credit on their bill.
Our program is fairly comprehensive, and offers rebates for practical energy saving efforts. Tap into your savings by downloading the appropriate forms now. You can view the Terms and Conditions.
Heating and Cooling Rebates
- ENERGY STAR® Window/Room AC Unit – Install an ENERGY STAR qualified (10.8 SEER or higher) window/room unit for a $50 rebate.
- HEAT PUMP – Install HVAC equipment (in electric-only, single-family homes or small business) with a 15 SEER High Efficiency Heat Pump for a $300 rebate or install a 16 SEER for a $500 rebate.
- Heat Pump Water Heater – $50 rebate on an HVAC tune-up performed by a qualified service professional.
- Duct Cleaning Inspection and Repair– $100 rebate on duct work for existing mobile home or residential/small business system.
- Insulation– 11¢ per square ft. with $500 max rebate.
- Spray Foam Insulation – 30¢ per square ft. with $600 max rebate.
New Build Rebates
- New Energy Efficient Home– Build a home/small business with a verifiable Home Energy Rating System (HERS) score of 60 for a $500 rebate.
- New Energy Efficient Small Business – Build a verifiable LEEDS certified structure to receive a $500 rebate.
- Dish Washer Replacement – Install a dishwasher with an ENERGY STAR unit to receive a $50 rebate.
- Refrigerator Replacement – Install a refrigerator or freezer with an ENERGY STAR unit for a $75 rebate.
- Heat Pump Water Heater – Install a high-efficiency heat pump water heater for a $200 rebate.
- HE WaterHeater – Install a high efficiency electric water heater for a $50 rebate, or $100 if switching from gas.
Electronic Thermostat Rebates
- Programmable Thermostat – Install a programmable thermostat and receive a $50 rebate.
- Solar Water Heater – Install a solar water heater for up to a $400 rebate.
- Solar Screen Rebate – $20 rebate per window for 80 percent minimum solar-heat blockage, with a $200 cap.
- Window Film – Professionally installed application with .45 solar heat gain coefficient for a rebate of 45¢ per square foot with a $200 cap.
- Pool Pump– $150 rebate for installing a pump with a variable speed unit.
- Low-E Windows – $20 rebate per window with a $600 cap.
- Lighting Fixtures – Member must buy and replace a minimum of 10 bulbs. Rebate will be 20% of the cost of bulbs.