Open Position: Information Technology Support Technician
REPORTS TO: CEO/General Manager
POSITION OBJECTIVES: Provides technical support for networked computers, operating systems, software, and software upgrades. Assists in maintaining and monitoring all information systems.
Experience: A working technical knowledge of various computer operating systems to include Microsoft Office 365/Azure administration and maintenance, Mac OS/Windows 10/Server 2012 and up, iOS/Android, Microsoft Office basic knowledge – Excel/Outlook/Word/PowerPoint/OneDrive/Teams. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a computer support role.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Associate Degree or equivalent experience and training in a computer related field preferred.
Training: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Linux, Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Microsoft Windows 10. A working knowledge of network security and design. SEL – Relay Programming; Command Center administration; Samsara administration and maintenance
Special Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors and other employees and deal with a diverse set of problems. Must be able to communicate effectively over the phone and in writing to technical and non-technical personnel. Deskside and Helpdesk support
Miscellaneous: Must maintain a valid Class “C” driver’s license.
Testing: Must pass any required substance screening and background checks.
JOB STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, or as the job requires. Must be available to perform work assignments during emergencies as determined by management.
OVERTIME REQUIRED: As determined and approved by management; week on/week off on-call
JOB LOCATION: Headquarters office and field locations such as substations.
JOB BACKUP: CalTech
JOB CONDITIONS: Extended periods of time sitting and using a personal computer.
EQUIPMENT TO OPERATE: Personal computers, laptops, iPads, network servers, printers and other standard office equipment.
CONTACTS: Employees of WCEC, vendor representatives, consultants, the general public, and other coops.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information processed in the normal course of work except when authorized legally to disclose it.
- Follows all WCEC policies and procedures.
- Keeps accurate daily time and charges to proper accounts.
- Is responsible for tracking the location of and maintaining assigned tools and equipment in a proper and safe working condition.
- Conducts oneself at all times in such a manner as would reflect positively upon all of those associated with WCEC.
- Performs all other activities and assumes the responsibility as may be required or assigned.
- Adheres to all WCEC policies related to EEOC employee discrimination and harassment, EPA environmental, and OSHA safety compliance. Takes immediate corrective action and reports any incidents or violations to their immediate supervisor, the Director of Human Resources, or other responsible manager(s) as soon as possible.
- SEL – Relay Programming
- Configures new laptops/desktops for end users.
- Assists users with login, printer, network and software installation issues.
- Manages software updates with vendors such as SEDC, Milsoft, Partner, etc.
- Adds users to network with appropriate network security.
- Manages/monitors backups with the assistance of Caltech.
- Command Center administration
- Samsara – Administration and maintenance
- Daily/monthly server health checks
- Daily/monthly backup health checks
- Active directory maintenance
- Group policy maintenance
- Peripheral basics – printers/copiers/fax
- Airwatch Adminsitration
- Office 365/Azure administration and maintenance
- Works with third party vendors on issues related to their software.
- Develops and maintains ticketing system to allow for monitoring of issues.
- Maintains iPads/iPhones for users with Coop issued devices, including the Board.
- Deskside and Helpdesk support
REVIEW SCHEDULE: 1 year
REQUIREMENT FOR ADVANCEMENT: Must demonstrate the ability to learn and perform the skills and duties of the next position, and to be determined through the appraisal process by management to be the most qualified candidate.
WCEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We offer an excellent benefit package and salary based on qualifications. Employment will be based upon successful completion of drug screening and a criminal background check.