Outage Reporting & MY WCEC App
WCEC’s mobile app allows members to report outages, pay their WCEC bills, and review usage data any time from mobile devices.
Get the free app by searching for “Wood County Electric Cooperative” in the App Store or in Google Play and then downloading. Once you have the app, create an online account here: Account Services Portal. Once there, you will select a username and password that you will use to log into your account and the app. If you have trouble doing this, just give us a call at 903-763-2203, and we can walk you through it.
Outage Texting & Calling: 866-415-2951
A FAST way to report a power outage, this system works on caller ID technology. To text or call in an outage, your telephone numbers must be in our computer database. If you’ve changed your number recently just give us a call at 903-763-2203 or update your account information via the Account Services Portal.
Texting in an Outage
To Report an Outage: Text “OUT” to 866-415-2951
For Status Updates: Text “STATUS” to 866-415-2951
To Un-enroll: Text the word “STOP” to 866-415-2951
If you get the message, “Your location is unknown”, it means we don’t have your mobile number in our records. Update it in the Account Service Portal or call us so we may input it.
Calling in an Outage
With this electronic phone system, you’ll avoid busy lines to report your outage quickly. This system immediately records outages with just a few button pushes. This system does not replace our personal service but is intended to allow en masse reporting when needed.
To Report and Outage:
- Be prepared by having your WCEC account number or phone number that is on file with WCEC available.
- Dial toll free 1-866-415-2951.
- Listen for the updated information regarding any large-scale outages.
- Follow simple prompts. Enter your account number or telephone number if prompted.
- The system will notify our 24-hour dispatcher to direct crews to the outage location.
- Lastly, the system will offer a callback feature if the member wishes to be notified when power is restored.