Outage Reporting Hotline
WCEC’s outage reporting system has tremendous capabilities to immediately record outages with just a few button pushes. The system recognizes a member by their account number or primary telephone number listed on the account. This simple tool will help members circumvent the busy telephone signals to get and give information during times of large-scale power outages. This system does not replace our personal service, but is intended to allow en masse reporting when needed.
Instructions for the Outage Hotline
- Be prepared by having your WCEC account number or phone number that is on file with WCEC available.
- Dial toll free 1-866-415-2951 to report and hear about an outage.
- Listen for the updated information regarding any large-scale outages.
- Follow simple prompts. Enter your account number or telephone number if prompted.
- The system will notify our 24-hour dispatcher to direct crews to the outage location.
- Lastly, the system will offer a callback feature if the member wishes to be notified when power is restored.
We’re harnessing the power of texting to give members one more FAST way to report a power outage. For the outage texting to work for you, your mobile phone number must be in our records associated with your account. Then it’s as simple as following the below instructions.
- Text the word “WOOD” to the number 85700.
- Reply to the returned text with the correct option that matches your address and you’ll be enrolled.
- If you get the message, “Your location is unknown”, it means we do not have your mobile number in our records and you’ll need to call us so we may input it.
To Report an Outage: Text “OUT” to 85700.
For Status Updates: Text “STATUS” to 85700.
To Un-enroll: Text the word “STOP” to 85700.
Outage Reporting & Bill Pay App
WCEC’s mobile app allows members to report outages, pay their WCEC bills or view usage graphs anytime from any compatible smartphone or tablet.
To get the free app, just search for “Wood County Electric Cooperative” in the Apple Store or in the Android Market and then download it. Once you have the app, either call the office at 903-763-2203 or log on to the Account Services Portal to generate a user name and password. DOWNLOAD THE iOS APP or DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID APP
For any of these to work for you, your telephone numbers must be in our computer database. If you’ve changed your number recently just give us a call at 903-763-2203, or update your account information via the Account Services Portal.