Wood County Electric Cooperative awards college scholarships to high school seniors throughout our service territory. For 2024, there are 10 $1,500 scholarships to students planning to attend traditional college programs and three $1,000 scholarships to those pursuing vocational or technical trade certificates.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must be a graduating high school senior and dependent of an active WCEC member. They must also be living in a household on WCEC’s distribution system.
Power My World Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Wood County Electric Cooperative (WCEC) will award scholarships on the basis of the information provided in the completed application, and the quality and thoroughness of the required essay. Other qualifications include:
- Applicant must be a dependent of full-time active member with WCEC service for at least six months prior to the application deadline.
- Applicant must reside primarily at an address served by WCEC.
- Completed applications are due by March 20, 2024.
- Applicants that do not follow all instructions or submit late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All judging will be completed by an independent panel made up of WCEC Members.