How can we help you today?
Be prepared, 24/7, to report outages with these tools.
MY WCEC App
WCEC’s mobile app allows members to report outages, pay their WCEC bills, and review usage data any time from mobile devices.
Get the free app by searching for “Wood County Electric Cooperative” in the App Store or in Google Play and then downloading. Once you have the app, create an online account here: Account Services Portal. Once there, you will select a username and password that you will use to log into your account and the app. If you have trouble doing this, just give us a call at (903) 763-2203, and we can walk you through it.
HIGH-VOLUME TOLL-FREE TELEPHONE OUTAGE HOTLINE
The toll-free phone hotline can accept many simultaneous calls to avoid a busy signals. Members can immediately record an outage, faster than speaking to a person! Just call 1 (866) 415-2951 and follow the simple prompts. Enter your account number or telephone number and the system will notify our 24-hour dispatcher to direct crews to the outage location. This system also offers a callback feature if the member wishes to be notified when power is restored.
Texting your report of a power outage is FAST and EASY. For it to work, your mobile phone number must be in our records associated with your account. If it’s there, you are already enrolled. If not:
- Text the word “WOOD” to the number 1 (866)-415-2951.
- Reply to the returned text with the correct option that matches your address and you’ll be enrolled.
- If you get the message, “Your location is unknown”, it means we do not have your mobile number in our records and you’ll need to call us so we may input it.
To Report an Outage: Text “OUT” to 1 (866)-415-2951.
For Status Updates: Text “STATUS” to 1 (866)-415-2951.
To Un-enroll: Text the word “STOP” to 1 (866)-415-2951.
You can now also send us a report of your outage via text.
- To set up your account for outage texting, your mobile phone number must be in our records. If it’s not, just give us a call at (903) 763-2203, and we’ll input it.
- Then, to enroll, text the word “WOOD” to the number 85700. You’ll receive a return text message to verify the meter location. Reply with the correct option that matches your address, and you’ll be enrolled.
- Once you are registered for outage texting, you can report outages by texting the word “OUT” to 85700.
- You can also receive status updates by texting the word “STATUS.” To unenroll and stop receiving messages, text the word “STOP” to 85700.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
To use the systems, it’s critical that member contact information and phone numbers be up-to-date so the system can “recognize” you and identify your account. Don’t wait until a power outage to discover whether this easy and effective tool will or won’t work for you. To verify that your account information is up to date, please call us at (903) 763-2203 or follow these steps:
- Visit: Account Services
- Select My Account
- Select Account Profile
- Enter Updated Information
- Select Submit